Follow Your Truly!

Friday, April 25, 2008

Let My People Go

Moses

In biblical terms was swept down the Nile by his mother to avoid Ramses' purge that a first born Jew would kick his ass.


In historical terms, Moses was a follower of the radical Egyptian pharaoh, Akhenaton (Amenhotep IV) who moved the capital south, dissolved polytheism (belief of many gods) and went with monotheism (belief in only one god), Aten...the sun god. When Akhenaton mysteriously died, his son Tutankhamen (King Tut) took over the thrown at 9 years of age, moved the capital back to its original location and re-indoctrinated the polytheism way of life. However, the "one god" movement had spread and was becoming very popular in Syria and other locations. The current bible as Christians know it today is a direct descendant of Syrian texts based off the Aten movement. They don't teach ya' that in Sunday school.

Okay...there's a little history lesson. We now move to the present and my original thoughts for this blog...

I saw on the Today once that an enormously fat woman was upset because of all the starving children in Nigeria (anyone else see the sarcasm and irony in a fat chick helping a starving child? Come on, it can't be only me!) What's this kid's name in Nigeria? Moses. So that got me thinking of The Ten Commandments with the late Charlton Heston. Then that got me thinking about this little Moses character in Nigeria. Is he a Jew in disguise? Is he set to kick the president of Nigeria's ass, Umaru Musa Yar'Adua for consistently making the world's top Worst Dictators list? Can he perform miracles? Does he have a ZZ Top beard?

I personally feel there's nothing worse than a child who suffers for any reason. However, don't we have starving children here on US soil? Are American children not good enough to help? If we don't help U.S. kids, aren't they just going to contribute to our already fucked up way of life? Then that got me thinking, shouldn't we be educating this Yar'Adua and his people so they don't treat kids in his country that way? Or simply just take him out?

Ooooooooh, here's another little tidbit and cause for education...most mothers in Nigeria have on the average...8 kids. 8 kids people! Know why? No, they're not Catholic. It's because, again on average, 5 of them die!!!!!!!! They die from either lack of nutrition, complications in birth, ooooooooooooor...(dum, dum, duuuum...) AIDS. Now, I'm sure something would click in my gourd if everyone around me were having kids and they're dieing hand over fist. Something's awry. I'd say to my Nubian wife, "Yuda Al Mushef my love, I do not believe we should be having so many children just to watch them die."
Then she would most likely say, "You know, Bardu Al Mushef my love, I do believe you are right. We are not sadists."
And then my Nubian wife and I would get a cat so we could eat it if we got hungry. You know...down the road. For emergency purposes.
The point being, I'm sure their mentality over there in Nigeria isn't, "let's shit out a...well, shit load o' kids so we can claim them and get more back on our taxes not to mention all the government assistance we'll be getting."

Unlike here.

No comments: